.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Silver Reflects

My reflections on various topics under the sun

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Redemption, at last!

On December 4th 2005, we (SI, TD & myself) conducted the Ganesh Nayak Memorial Open Quiz under the aegis of the KQA. For our efforts, we received book coupons from the Premier Book Shop. After more than a month of procrastinating, I finally set out today to redeem the coupon for what it was worth. I left for the place at around 12 P.M and managed to catch a bus at around 12.30 P.M. Route No. 201 being the circuitous route that it is, took more than an hour to reach Residency Road. A ten minute walk from there & I found myself facing the book shop. Alas! The doors were locked & a sign dangling from the door plainly reminded me that the shop closes for lunch at 1.30 P.M and wouldn't open till 3 P.M. Resignedly I loafed around M G Road, went to Higginbothams, saw John Batelle's The Search there (currently toying with the idea of buying it), ..., well, never mind.

Anyway, I came back to the shop at 2.45, & thankfully Mr.Shanbhag had opened the shop early. So dashed in & after much searching, many enquiries and some quick mental arithmetic, I settled for Volume 1 of The Complete Adventures of Feluda by Satyajit Ray & Sir Thomas More's Utopia.

2 Comments:

Blogger Venu said...

A post, at last!

Is the Byomkesh Bakshi series based on the Feluda stories?

January 24, 2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Rajat said...

No. Byomkesh Bakshi stories were by Saradindu Bandopadhyay. They were written before the Feluda stories were written.

January 24, 2006 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home